Click here for campground site map.
The campground is tucked up against the base of scenic White House cliffs. There are a number of campsites to choose from that offer varied terrain from a walk-in campsite that has a private round of Joshua trees to sites that have cave like chambers at the base of the cliffs, as well as sites that have amazing views of the night sky.
Ricardo Campground is a primitive camping site. There are 50 campsites, potable water, pit toilets, fire rings, and tables. Bring your own firewood, or purchase it from the visitor center. A maximum of 8 people is allowed per site. There are a number of sites that can be grouped together for large groups but there is no specific site for group camping.
Campsites 1, 2, 6, and 45 are ADA compliant and accessible for anyone with disabilities.
Camping is first-come, first served; there is no reservation system. The campground can fill up on weekends in the spring and fall, especially if the weather is nice or on holiday weekends, so arriving on a Thursday evening or Friday morning is recommended.
RV’s and Trailers:
There is a 30 foot maximum on Camper/Trailer RVs. There are no RV hook-ups or showers.
Free WIFI is now available in the campground with ParksWIFI. The cell tower at Red Rock is currently out of commission. However if you connect to our WIFI (ParksWIFI), most smart phones will have a WiFi calling option, you can get service at the Visitor Center
Ricardo Campground Rates:
- Camping is $25 per night per site, which includes parking for one vehicle per site, or $23 per night with seniors (62 years old or older). We do not accept the Golden Age National Parks Pass.
- Additional vehicles are $6 each.
- All OHV vehicles; dirtbikes, Quads, ATVS, Side-by-sides; are $6 each
Please be aware that for all park fees we can only accept cash or check.
The gift shop can take Debit/Credit cards however for merchandise.
- Park vehicles(including OHV) and trailers within rock lined areas ONLY
- Bicycle riders must stay on all roads (improved and primitive)
- Shooting and hunting, possession of loaded firearms and any explosive devices are NOT permitted.
- Fires are allowed only in the provided metal fire rings. Please leave the ring where you find it.
- Dogs MUST remain leashed.
- Please observe reasonable quiet time from 8:00pm through 10:00am. Please, no generator operation during these hours.
- NO horses or livestock are allowed inside the campground.
The campground is open 24/7. During Spring and Fall seasons registration is collected in the Visitor Center during the day. When the Visitor Center is closed you must self-register with the envelopes provided at the kiosk upon entering the campground. A Ranger WILL verify payment.
DUE TO MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS FROM SACRAMENTO WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO PROVIDE WATER FOR FILLING RV WATER TANKS. FOR NOW THIS ALSO MEANS OUR DUMP STATION IS NOT AVAILABLE AS WELL.
DUMPSTATION IN THE SURROUNDING AREA:
Desert Empire Fairgrounds Ridgecrest, CA
520 South Richmond Road. Park at the South end of the fairgrounds; dump is North side of RV park. Water, power, and sewer available. $5.00
El Solana RV and Mobile Home Park, Inyokern, CA
1661 Brown Rd. Take HWY 14 to 178 East, turn left on Brown Rd. (North). Dump fee $5.00, free water. Open 24hrs.
Bertrand’s Mobile Home Park, Ridgecrest, CA
4331 West Inyokern Road. Take HWY 14 to 178 East, go a few miles past Inyokern on the right side of 178 (also called Inyokern Rd.). Dump fee $5.00, free water (fee envelopes and drop box). Open 24hrs.
Indian Casino Plaza, Independence, CA
Easy access, fuel, small grocery, casino, clean.
Courtesy of: Mac D.
West side of HWY 395; North of Independence $5.00
Spaceport RV Park, Mojave, CA
2121 Nadeau Street. Turn East on Nadeau street (between Best Western and MacDonalds), three blocks to the end of street. Junction Hwy 14 and Hwy 58. Open Year Round.
California City Dump Station, California City, CA
At the intersection of Randsburg-Mojave and 20 Mule team Parkway (and California City Blvd. 3way intersection) $5.00